Thursday, August 16, 2007

Blog Recovery

UGH! This sucks. I have contacted Blogger and requested for them to restore my blog but I know that's gonna take another two weeks. So while I wait for them to consider my mail, I'm going to try to restore the entries myself.

Well first, here are some tips for you:

  1. DO NOT, NEVER, DON'T EVEN THINK OF deleting your blog EVER

  2. Even if you do get tired of the blog, keep the URL active

  3. If you get so fed up with the template you think you can create a new blog and redo the template. DO NOT DO THAT.

  4. (That was me. Now it doesn't even sound like there was a reason to do that)

  5. If you do, somehow, accidentally or intentionally (or sometimes never the server fucks up) delete your blog, do the following:
  6. Claim back your old blogger address with the same URL and title (before someone puts HACKED on the entire page)

  7. Create a stub post

  8. (Explain to everyone how your finger accidentally hit the delete button and how you're an idiot. The other alternative is to blame the server)

  9. Contact Blogger: "I was so stupid I deleted my blog by mistake. Could you please restore it for me?"

  10. BLOGGER SUPPORT
    http://help.blogger.com/?page=contact

    BLOGGER PROBLEM REPORT FORM
    http://help.blogger.com/?page=troubleshooter.cs&problem=&contact_type...

    BLOGGER HELP FORM
    http://help.blogger.com/?page=troubleshooter.cs&problem=&contact_type...

  11. Email: support@blogger.com

  12. Okay now wait for them to reply. In the meantime, try to recreate your blog template. (like how I've done it) From what I've read, Blogger will restore your blog in one to two weeks and delete your claimed URL after your have made your first changes.

  13. Oh, and always save your template! Don't use the download feature CTRL+C the entire source and paste it in NOTEPAD, not Microsoft Word or anything.

0 comments: